Whilst anyone can start contributing to a superannuation scheme, our MECA provides for the employer to contribute equally to your scheme up to 6% of your income. Before you think, “I’m too young for superannuation” or “I need to pay off my debt first” think again.
RMOs are amongst the very few health sector employees to have superannuation available – courtesy of NZRDA’s negotiations on our members’ behalf. Our scheme is transportable and can be taken to any DHB in NZ – essential given our mobility between DHBs throughout our careers. We can also suspend contributions for up to 2 years (and longer by agreement) in case we need to go overseas for instance.
The DHBs match your contribution up to 6% a year. NZRDA members can join our superannuation scheme.
If you want more information on the scheme, please contact the office and we will provide all the information to you. Download the following forms
- Lifesaver Investment Switch Form (April 2017)
- Fisher Funds Lifesaver Plan (October 2016) – this contains the base information about the Lifesaver Plan, also see supplement below
- NZRDA employer supplement Oct 2016 – this supplement outlines the specific NZRDA provisions in your Lifesaver Plan
- The DHB Transfer Form (use this form when transferring between DHBs)
- LifeSaver Plan Amendment Request Form (use this form when changing your PIR rate, the amount of contribution, making a lump sum contribution or altering your investment strategy)
- Lifesaver Plan Withdrawal Request Form (April 2017) (use this form to withdraw all your savings)